guix-devel

Re: guix.el: Key bindings for a "package list"

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer
Subject: Re: guix.el: Key bindings for a "package list"
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 19:28:01 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, so the summary is:
>
> - "u" to unmark ("C-u u" to unmark all);
>
> - "i" to mark for installing "out" of the current package ("C-u i" to
>   prompt for outputs to install);
>
> - "d" to mark for deleting all outputs of the current package ("C-u d" to
>   prompt for outputs to delete);
>
> - "U" to mark for upgrade all outputs of the current package ("C-u U" to
>   prompt for outputs to upgrade);
>
> - "^" to mark all obsolete packages for upgrade.

By the way, it might be nice to have an option to list the secondary
outputs of a package explicitly alongside the normal, as if it were just
another package.

So far the concept of outputs and how they're usually hidden from me has
only caused me (minor) irritations, and I don't really understand why we
can't just make them separate packages, but I'm ignorant on most Guix
internals so might just not be "getting" it.

Taylan