guix-devel

"profil-drv" error or what am I doing wrong?

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: "profil-drv" error or what am I doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:00:47 +0200 (CEST)

As there is no user list, let me use this one.

I am trying the GNU Guix 0.6 as published in

https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=7939

however I am not able to finish any "guix package -i" as it always reports error in compilation, either profile.drv or perl etc. BTW: in the X session I can not switch to root as there is no "su" available by default.

guix refresh just prints various packages that "would be upgraded" but does nothing.

I am confused with dmd too at I do not know how to list running services, therefore I can not enable or disable anything as I do not know what is available.

Documentation for both is not very helpful ATM... :(

Thanx for hints

Adam Pribyl