guix-devel

Re: university group willing to contribute to GUIX

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: university group willing to contribute to GUIX
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:32:30 -0500

2014-02-03 Quiliro Ordóñez Baca <address@hidden>:

Depending on what you really want to do, it might be that students would be better off contributing to a well-established distro like Trisquel.

The university must present a result. What result will the students present? I must propose that so that they get interest in contributing.

Steap suggested on IRC to start developing a GUI for the package manager, isn't that a good project? Students could use it to get familiar with Guix and free software development. That project would also give you autonomy; you will still need to communicate with Guix developers, but you will be able to use your own project management system, repository, conventions, etc.

In eight months I would not expect a "version 1.0" software from inexperienced students, though. I think the results should be guessed by you and the mentors from the university based on your experience and the experience of the students in free software development and tools.

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/