guix-devel

Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe

From: Sree Harsha Totakura
Subject: Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 01:18:31 +0100

On 02/03/2014 11:17 PM, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Just one last question: Is there a reason you did not add libmicrohttpd as
> an input? Or should I add it again?

I had forgotten to add it, nevertheless it should be added to the inputs
as it is a direct dependency.  But how did the build succeed if
libmicrohttpd were not listed in inputs?

> The "official" description printed with "make sync-descriptions" is different,
> but in fact adds only this sentence:
>    The package includes gnunet-gtk, which provides a GTK+ graphical user
>    interface to the GNUnet service.
> I think here the official description should be changed. First of all,
> what is "the package"? And as far as I can tell, gnunet-gtk would be a
> distinct package.

The official GNU description and synopsis for GNUnet seems to be not
updated in a while.  It stresses only the file-sharing application while
it has now newer applications like GNS and Conversation.  Christian,
could you please update those?

Sree