guix-devel

statedir locations

From: John Darrington
Subject: statedir locations
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:50:15 +0100

It has come to my attention that guix packages (at least those with gnu build
system)
default their statedirs to directories under /nix/store/.  Recall that the
statedirs (ie:
sharedstatedir localstatedir and runstatedir) are for installing data files
*which the programs
modify while they run* [1].   Obviously a program cannot modify anything under
/nix/store
I think we need to update the default configure flags.

J'

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Directory-Variables

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3