guix-devel

Cmake build system and build directories

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Cmake build system and build directories
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:22:01 +0100

Hello,

my kdelibs package currently fails with the following message:

CMake Error at cmake/modules/MacroEnsureOutOfSourceBuild.cmake:17 (MESSAGE):
  kdelibs requires an out of source build.  Please create a separate build
  directory and run 'cmake path_to_kdelibs [options]' there.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:157 (macro_ensure_out_of_source_build)

I think it is simply a matter of replacing in
   cmake-build-system.scm (configure)
the call to
   cmake
by
   mkdir build
   cd build
   cmake ..
(appropriately guilified).

What do you think, if this is a solution, should we maybe globally modify
the cmake build system to always build in a separate directory?

Andreas