guix-devel

Re: Status of the Loongson/MIPS N32 port

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Status of the Loongson/MIPS N32 port
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 23:49:19 +0100

Hi!

Thanks for all the CPU cycles ;-) and for the fine report!

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:

> The Loongson/MIPS N32 port is now able to build a majority of the
> packages in Guix, on the 'loongson' branch which closely tracks
> 'master'.  See below for a list of specific packages that I've
> successfully built on my YeeLoong 8101B (with Loongson 2F), but
> first I should mention the current set of problem packages:
>
>   xorg-server (doesn't deal gracefully with the lack of DRI support in Mesa)
>   qt (bad assembly for the sync instruction is getting generated)
>   ocaml (generic fallbacks for asm code generation seem to be broken)
>   qemu (link error while trying link qemu-i386:
>           /nix/store/*-glibc-2.18/lib/librt.so:
>              could not read symbols: File in wrong format)
>   scheme48 (bus error)
>   pari-gp (segfaults)
>   gprolog (configure says "unsupported architecture")
>   mit-scheme (our recipe doesn't work for bootstrapping from C)

These look like genuine upstream bugs or lack of support.

Of course we should patch them appropriately (I assume patches already
exist, for instance in Debian).

But it also calls for a mechanism to specify the platforms supported by
a given package–perhaps a ‘supported-platforms’ field in <package>,
which would default to everything?

Thanks,
Ludo’.