guix-devel

Re: Packages with libraries and binaries

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Packages with libraries and binaries
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 14:52:47 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 09:44:18PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> In such cases, we must set the RUNPATH, using patchelf as Nikita notes.
>> The recommended way to do that is to use ‘augment-rpath’ from (guix
>> build rpath), as done in python.scm (make sure to add ‘patchelf’ as an
>> input).
>
> When copy-pasting the phases argument from python-2 into cdparanoia, the
> build phase fails as follows:
>
> phase `strip' succeeded after 0 seconds
> starting phase `add-lib-to-runpath'

[...]

> ERROR: In procedure memoize-variable-access!:
> ERROR: Unbound variable: cut
>
> As if an import of module srfi-26 were missing somewhere, but both python and
> cdparanoia use the same gnu build system.

Exactly.  You need that snippet, as in python.scm:

        #:modules ((guix build gnu-build-system)
                   (guix build utils)
                   (guix build rpath)
                   (srfi srfi-26))
        #:imported-modules ((guix build gnu-build-system)
                            (guix build utils)
                            (guix build rpath))

#:modules tells what modules are to be imported in the lexical
environment of the build program, while #:imported-modules says what
.scm/.go files need to be available in the build chroot (since srfi-26
is part of Guile, it’s listed in the former but not the latter.)

HTH,
Ludo’.