guix-devel

Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 23:18:08 +0200

The attached patch yields a "working" brasero in the sense that it starts,
shows all icons, and allows, for instance, to drag and drop files from the
kde file browser into an image to be created. Apart from that, many helper
programs (mkisofs, cdrecord etc.) are missing, so the program is of little
practical use... But we can still use it to advance our understanding of
gnome packaging!

And not to start a flame war, but I see it as a real incentive to consider
kde packaging... As a first step, for qt, I think we might need to get the
cmake build system working. Cyril, would you be able to make it work on
x86_64, potentially by disabling the failing test in cmake?

Andreas