guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix hackathon on Sep. 28-29

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: GNU Guix hackathon on Sep. 28-29
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:56:17 -0400

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> GNU Guix [0] joins other projects in celebrating GNU’s 30th birthday
> this week-end [1].  Join us for an on-line hackathon on #guix on the
> Freenode IRC network on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 28-29!
>
> Tasks will include packaging your favorite software, hunting bugs, and
> improving stand-alone builds of the Guix-based GNU system.  This is
> accessible to anyone with experience with GNU/Linux packages; people
> with experience in Guile Scheme will find additional things to work on.
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> Ludo’.
>
> [0] http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/gnu30/

I will be physically present at the hackathon in Cambridge. I have
experience with Guile, but I haven't done much work with package
management systems before.
Would I still be useful? Is there anything that you would recommend I
do to prepare for this weekend besides install Guix and poke around?

Thanks,

- Dave