guix-devel

Re: Synchronizing descriptions with GSRC?

From: Nikita Karetnikov
Subject: Re: Synchronizing descriptions with GSRC?
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 02:54:40 +0400

> Could you be more specific about what your concerns are?

My main concern is that people say things like "I'm not sure, but let's
do it anyway."  Why don't you want to ask beforehand?

> AFAIK most GNU web pages where we/I took summaries from at copyright
> FSF, to start with.

Yep, I forgot that GSRC doesn't include non-GNU packages.

> Now, saying that this might “spoil years of work” is clearly an
> overstatement.

Of course, I understand.  But one shouldn't forget about the worst case
scenario.

If you are confident, then go ahead.