Re: Permissive html parser for guile

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Permissive html parser for guile
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 07:12:52 +0100

On 2019-01-23 22:08, Thompson, David wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:41 AM swedebugia <address@hidden> wrote:

I just found this LGPL3 parser by Neil Van Dyke (see attachment)

Do we have something similar in guile?

Check out (htmlprag) included in guile-lib.

Thanks Dave! :D

Guile has everything - it is just very spread out and a little hard to find...

I just did this test to see if I would have found it via guix:

$ guix package -s guile|recsel -p synopsis,description |grep html

No output, so what is the description of guile-lib?

$ guix package --show=guile-lib
name: guile-lib
version: 0.2.6.1
outputs: out
systems: x86_64-linux i686-linux armhf-linux aarch64-linux mips64el-linux
dependencies: address@hidden address@hidden
location: gnu/packages/guile.scm:848:2
homepage: https://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/
license: GPL 3+
synopsis: Collection of useful Guile Scheme modules
description: Guile-Lib is intended as an accumulation place for pure-scheme Guile modules, allowing for people to cooperate integrating their + generic Guile modules into a coherent library. Think "a down-scaled, limited-scope CPAN for Guile".

This is begging to be improved!

I will write a patch.

--
Cheers