Re: New library: guile-wikidata

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: New library: guile-wikidata
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 07:01:27 -0800

On 2018-12-11 11:29, Roel Janssen wrote:
> On 11-12-18 01:32, address@hidden wrote:
snip

>> I now implemented sparql queries as well. See
>> https://gitlab.com/swedebugia/guile-wikidata
>>

> "guile-wikidata" looks cool!  And I'm glad to see you've added SPARQL
> support as well.  It would be great to integrate it with
> "guile-sparql" if you find the time for it.  The "guile-sparql" code
> is quite short, and hopefully readable enough.. :)

Do you mean integrate only the SPARQL-part or the whole? I agree to the
first statement :) but the other wikidata specifics are perhaps better
kept on its own.

Actually the endpoint is a Blazegraph-server and my get-query code does
not seem to work right (see the bug mentioned in the latest commit).

Does guile-sparql work with Blazegraph? If yes we don't need the (buggy)
sparql-get-query-code I wrote.

I could not get it to work and rolled my own as a teach-yourself-scheme
learning-by-doing pet project :)

I tried with the file attached but got this because the driver does not
support URIs but only host, port, type, token:

In web/client.scm:
    461:0  2 (http-post "http://http://query.wikidata.org/sparql:80…"; …)
    181:7  1 (open-socket-for-uri _)
In unknown file:
           0 (getaddrinfo "http" "http" 0 #<undefined> #<undefined> #)

ERROR: In procedure getaddrinfo:
In procedure getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

> I've been working on a web interface to work with RDF/SPARQL (written
> mostly in Guile Scheme, which uses "guile-sparql" as well).  You might
> find it interesting:
> https://github.com/UMCUGenetics/sparqling-genomics
>
> The Guile Scheme parts are in the "web" subfolder.

Thanks for the tip :)

Additionally I have a suggestion for guile-sparql. Could you generate a
pdf from the texi-manuel and include in the repo?
--
Cheers
Swedebugia