Re: [ANN] gzochi project development release 0.12

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [ANN] gzochi project development release 0.12
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 23:07:22 +0200

Julian Graham <address@hidden> writes:

> gzochi (/zoʊ-tʃiː/) is a programming framework for developing online
> games in GNU Guile, and a distributed middleware container that hosts
> your games for thousands of connected players. gzochi takes care of
> the hard parts of online game development - concurrency, data
> persistence, and network communications - so you can focus on the
> stuff that matters!

That sounds great and got me intrigued!

I looked into the documentation and didn’t find an example how such a
game would look, but the example in the docs was too minimal to
understand what I can do with gzochi. And I did not understand how users
would launch the game (essentially: What shell command to run to start
the game).

Do you have a somewhat larger example online, along with deployment info?

> This is a development release, but there's extensive server and client
> documentation, and the distribution includes three example games with
> heavily-annotated source code. For more information, visit the web
> site at http://www.nongnu.org/gzochi/

Can I find these examples without installing so that I can have a quick
look how the game code reads?

Best wishes,
Arne
--