Re: GNU Artanis on Fibers, and thoughts on server core development

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: GNU Artanis on Fibers, and thoughts on server core development
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 00:47:48 +0800

Yes, that's why I managed to let Artanis support arbitrary customized
server core, it's hard to meet every needs, so people always write
their preferred server core. And the default server core of Artanis
named Ragnarok, it's also relies on epoll, it even can't support GNU
Hurd although it's GNU project. I've discussed with Hurd people about
implementing epoll, someone told me it's not too hard, but no one have
time for it now.
Another way to support BSD is to write a server core with libuv which
supports kqueue which is the original thing of epoll.

But libuv is based on threads, so if there's something to be added to
Artanis to let this kind of server core be well integrated. Because
Ragnarok don't use threads, so Artanis has no locks. But it's trivial,
we may use parameters to lock critical resources, if the server core
don't use threads, then it will not actually lock.

If someone wants to add new server core, feel free to discuss in
address@hidden, or maybe CC address@hidden either.

Best regards.