Re: installing older guile version

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: installing older guile version
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:00:11 +0100

Christian Alpen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a problem installing an older guile-version.
>
> I wanted to install a development-version of lilypond, which quits
> with following error:
>
> *WARNING: Please consider installing optional programs or files:
> guile-2.0 < 1.9.0 (installed: 2.0.13)
>
> ERROR: Please install required programs:  guile-config < 1.9.0
> (installed: 2.0.13) (guile-devel, guile-dev or libguile-dev package)
> libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev
> package). GUILE-with-rational-bugfix**
> *
>
> So  I got me an older version guile-1.7.91 (as I couldn't find any
> 1.8, this was the nearest to <1.9.0).

1.8.8 is the latest.  Current compilers and Texinfo might require a few
patches.  I think I remember that someone on this list (Thien-Thi
Nguyen?) maintained his own 1.8 version: it may be that joining forces
with him while Guile-2.x remains unsuitable for use with LilyPond is a
good idea.

--
David Kastrup