Re: Summer of Code Recap

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: Summer of Code Recap
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:27:37 -0500

Amirouche writes:

>>    This would allow us to minimise the amount of code that
>>    needs to be sent over the network, which is very important to web
>>    developers.
>
> You seem concerned by javascript web developers but not about
> me in particular. As the maintainer of the only Scheme frontend
> web framework, as a Guile user and the creator *one* of the most
> successful Python -> Javascript compiler you could have consulted
> me on what is best for GNU Guile in the regard of Guile -> Javascript.
>
> That said, I am not surprised of your behavior nor the behavior of
> your mentor, since it's not the first time you ignore me by mistake
> or on purpose.
>
> I think you should have asked me what would be best to prototype
> the compiler.

Ian put in a ton of work on a really difficult task, and the work was
out there and open to feedback.  Updates were posted to this list on
which you could have commented.  It is even *still* open for feedback
and input and etc.  But they're also the implementor, and thus have more
leeway on decisions.

I also know that tasks like these tend to be an enormous emotional
effort.  Please be considerate to not douse the accomplishment.