Re: [bootstrappable] Can Guile be bootstrapped from source without psynt

From: Jeremiah
Subject: Re: [bootstrappable] Can Guile be bootstrapped from source without psyntax-pp.scm?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 17:20:36 -0400

> The GNU licenses define "source code" as "the preferred form of the work
> for making modifications to it".  I think it is quite important for our
> future liberty that we hold to this definition and not accept a weaker
> one.

You are absolutely right in that regard

and should we be completely honest with ourselves about the trusting
trust attack, we must admit that unless a human takes the time to
manually write a replacement, we gain very little trust in auditing the
new machine generated versions of this file.

But as always the question becomes, who will be the one to do it?