Re: Modules and GOOPS

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Modules and GOOPS
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:36:55 -0300

Hello,

> Has anybody managed to get the "merge-generics" handler to work? I used to
> have this in my $HOME/.guile configuration but it didn't seem to have any
> effect:
>
> (default-duplicate-binding-handler '(merge-generics replace warn-override-core
> warn last))

You need to import (oop goops), may be you do so in your .guile config file, I
can't
tell from your email. Note that this 'only' would not solve the question raised
by
the original email of this thread.

Anyway, it's not a good idea, imo, to put this in .guile, because not only you
need
to have this properly set at load and compile, but your users too.

I suggest you read my 'just posted' answer to the original email of this
thread, grab
and read the grip related example links I pasted and do take a special
attention to
the last sentence as well.

David.