guile-2.0.11 installation on system with 2.0.5

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: guile-2.0.11 installation on system with 2.0.5
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 14:52:48 +0200

Hi,

I'm on Debian 7.6 with guile-2.0.5 installed. I would like to install
a newer version of guile. Therefore I downloaded 2.0.11 and installed
in /usr/local with

./configure
make
sudo make install

Everything appeared to be fine. However, with my surprise, when I
started the newly installed guile with

$ /usr/local/bin/guile

I was greeted with

GNU Guile 2.0.5-deb+1-3
Copyright (C) 1995-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

which correspond to the version provided by the Debian package.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to have two guile versions
on the same system?

Regards,
Fede