Re: Help needed on strange random error (Guile 2.0.9)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Help needed on strange random error (Guile 2.0.9)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 12:07:02 +0100

Sun Yijiang <address@hidden> skribis:

> It's an application using Guile for extensions, involving a bunch of C++ /
> Scheme code and need an environment to run, so I'm afraid it's not quite
> possible to post them here.  Besides, there are commercial secrets included.
>
> I know it's hard to get any help with such little infomation.  I'll try to
> post an example script that can reproduce this problem.

That would be great.

> Still, any hint on where I can start looking into this problem?

First, in what context does ‘@@’ occur in the source?  Normally you
should rarely need to use it, but if you do, the correct syntax is:

  (@@ (foo) bar)

which looks up private top-level variable ‘bar’ in module (foo).

Second, the expression is being evaluated instead of run from compiled
code (hence the ‘eval’ in the backtrace.)  You should arrange to run
compiled code instead, for instance by using ‘primitive-load’, which
would auto-compile the source if needed.

HTH,
Ludo’.