Quietening Guile compilation output

From: Peter TB Brett
Subject: Quietening Guile compilation output
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 21:56:39 +0100

Hi folks,

As my Scheme codebase gets larger, when starting my application I get
screens full of debug spew about the Guile compilation process.  How can
I silence the following messages:

;;; note: source file /path/to/foo.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /path/to/foo.scm.go
;;; compiling /path/to/foo.scm
;;; compiled /path/to/foo.scm.go

...while still getting the actually useful compilation warnings?

Thanks,

                                        Peter

P.S. Bonus points if you can help me find an approach that can be used
without causing errors when the code is run under Guile 1.8...!

--
Dr Peter Brett <address@hidden>