Re: [ANN] Guile-WM 0.1/Guile XCB 1.1

From: mark . d . witmer
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-WM 0.1/Guile XCB 1.1
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 18:00:53 -0400

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> This all sounds very exciting!  Enough so that I finally pulled
> guile-xcb and attempted to build it from git.  Unfortunately, I ran into
> several problems:

Thanks for taking a look at it. I'll see if I can help:

> * Although the README says that Guile 2.0.9 is required, the configure
>   script will accept nothing less than Guile 2.2.  Since 2.2 does not
>   exist yet, it would be good to accept Guile 2.0 in the meantime :)

Yes, that's a mistake on my part. I've pushed the necessary change the
configure.ac.

> * After changing 2.2 -> 2.0, the next problem is that the build process
>   seems to assume that (xcb xml) is already in Guile's %load-path, but
>   the build system doesn't arrange for this.  I worked around this by
>   setting GUILE_LOAD_PATH to the build directory.

This one has me a bit confused; I compiled it all right with
GUILE_LOAD_PATH unset. Can you send me the output from running make?

> * After setting GUILE_LOAD_PATH to the build dir, it then tries to load
>   the (xcb xml xproto) module, but xproto.scm does not exist anywhere in
>   the source tree.

It looks like xcb/event-loop.scm needs to come after xcb/xml/xproto.scm
in Makefile.am. That should fix the problem loading (xcb xml
xproto). There isn't actually any xproto.scm; building the package
generates a .go file directly from xproto.xml.

Thanks,

--
Mark Witmer