Re: guile-gnome and guile 2

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: Re: guile-gnome and guile 2
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 17:21:56 +0200

Am Freitag, den 09.08.2013, 15:51 -0300 schrieb Diogo F. S. Ramos:
> >> Second, with the guile-gnome tarball you referenced, it errors
> >> complaining that only `glib.h' can be included directly, so the
> >> compilation stops.
> >
> > That probably is because the '-dev' files/packages are not installed on your
> > machine. I am on debian it is the libglib2.0-dev package.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> I do have libglib2.0-dev installed here, so I don't think this is it.
>
> The complained file is `/glib/gnome/gobject/guile-support.h', line 27.
> One can see that it is indeed including something other than `glib.h',
> in this case, `glib/gmacros.h', which `gmacros.h' doesn't like and has a
> specific #if for this.

This is due to recent Glib only allowing glib.h to be included directly.
Any old program which does this will get this compilation error. So, the
solution for you would be to find all occurences in guile-gnome where
another Glib header is included and remove it (or replace it with glib.h
if needed). But maybe this was already done in Git?

Best regards.