Re: A [serious] problem with module integration

From: rixed
Subject: Re: A [serious] problem with module integration
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 21:28:47 +0100

-[ Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 02:54:50PM +0100, Panicz Maciej Godek ]----
> And now I have a problem: the modules that I wrote make use
> of the symbols defined by my application (using scm_c_define...),
> but they are unavailable outside my application, i.e. for external
> modules.
>
> The result is that the modules don't work, because certain symbols
> are undefined that are needed to build the necessary definitions.

I have run into a similar problem recently: I'm defining from C the
module 'runtime' where I store all my scm_d_defined symbols and when
compiling a guile module (using "guile-tool compile") the compiler
looks for a file named runtime.scm and of course fails to find one
and stops.

To solve this I had to create a void runtime.scm file defining this
dummy module so that other modules can be compiled. You can see the
result here:

http://github.com/securactive/junkie/blob/master/guile/junkie/runtime.scm

There might be better solutions to this problem but this one is
particularly easy to implement.