crash in guile-sqlite3

From: Joonas Sarajärvi
Subject: crash in guile-sqlite3
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:51:01 +0300

Hello,

Some time ago, I noticed that there is a nice-looking libsqlite3
wrapper for Guile available at [1]. I am now trying to use it, but the
short example program I wrote seems to cause guile to crash in certain
places where sqlite-finalize is called.

I tried to run guile in gdb to get a backtrace from the crash. The
segfault seems to be triggered inside libsqlite3 code, but I could not
really get much useful information from it. I am thus writing here to
ask if someone else has more insight on why this is happening and if
it could be resolved.

The test program that demostrates this behavior is available in [2]
and it is also attached to this message. On a 32-bit Exherbo
installation with guile-2.0.5 it reproducibly crashes into "Illegal
instruction" message, while in a 64-bit Fedora 16 installation that
has guile-2.0.2 added it produces a Segmentation fault. The program is
fairly short, which I hope might make it easier to track the problem
down.

Is guile-sqlite3 actually in such a shape that it might be useful for
curious testers?

Thanks,
-- Joonas Sarajärvi