Re: salutations and web scraping

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: salutations and web scraping
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:56:13 +0800

Hi there

On 25 January 2012 09:41, Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:

> It happens that the response I get from the server of the radio station is
> chuncked (that is (transfer-encoding (chuncked))   )
>
> so when I issue the (htt-get uri) instrucion I get
>
> $2 = #<<response> etc.
> $3 = #f
>
> that is no page source
>
> Is there a workround ? Or shall I wait for this issue to be fixed ? I could
> try to take a look at the code myself, but I'm an absolute scheme beginner

Chunked encoding was introduced in HTTP 1.1 so you can try using 1.0
for your request:

(http-get uri #:version '(1 . 0) ...)

or

(build-request uri #:version '(1 . 0) ...)

Otherwise, Ian Price recently posted a patch adding support for
chunked encoding which you might like to try:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.user/8931/focus=8935

Regards