Re: salutations and web scraping

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: salutations and web scraping
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:47:41 +0100

Andy,

I´m back onto this thing.

I´ll never thank you enough, your suggestions were helpful and insightful.

Now, I think I have to signal a potential problem

Il giorno 10 gennaio 2012 22:46, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> (use-modules (web client) (web uri))
 > (http-get (string->uri "http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/"))
 [here the text of the web page gets printed out]

I tried with www.gnu.org/software/guile and it worked

I tried with www.friendfeed.com and I got back what follows:

 $11 = "<html>\r
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>\r
"

that is, a "Moved Permanently" message. That´s not what I get if I attep to go that address with Firefox.

Is this a bug or am I missing anything ? Has this anything to do with the chuncked responses ? I don´t know

Thanks again
Catonano