Re: Guile, Emacs, and smartphones

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Guile, Emacs, and smartphones
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:45:12 +0100

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi-
>
> So, it is time for me to buy a new phone.
>
> Has anyone run Emacs or Guile on their phone?

I've run Emacs and Guile 1.8 on my Freerunner.  No success with Guile
2.0 yet.  (Although I've hardly devoted much time yet to that; I hope to
do so soonish.)

> (Somehow I doubt there is a phone keyboard that'll let me type
> <Shift>+<Alt>).

The Freerunner SHR terminal (on-screen) keyboard does; also
matchbox-keyboard.  It isn't exactly easy, though, given how small the
keys are, and close to the bevel that surrounds the screen.

Regards,
        Neil