swig guile2

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: swig guile2
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:08:54 +0000

Hi All,

  I'm working on a couple of projects using guile and swig and
recently did some work to put together a guile2 module for swig.

  I started out by trying to add guile2 support to the existing guile
support but the focus on the old GH interface meant things started to
get messy so I've basically copied the old guile module and removed
all the legacy gh support and updated the memory management for
guile2.

  It is a bit of a hack but as far as I can tell it is working OK for
me at the moment.

  I thought now would be a good time to announce the effort and gauge opinion.

  Guile2 has lots of nice features and I think a dedicated module
could do interesting things without breaking legacy support. Guile 2
has an FFI that could potententially be useful in the future (I like
SWIGs typemaps far too much to have moved away from swig all together
though).

  The code is currently on github, and I would welcome feedback. It is
a bit rough and ready, and my knowledge of SWIG internals is pretty
rudimentary, so I'd welcome comment and advise (and patches), from all
sides.

  http://github.com/tcolgate/swig-guile2

  Be sure to check out the guile2 branch.

--