Re: Latest guile 1.9 segfault in GC

From: rixed
Subject: Re: Latest guile 1.9 segfault in GC
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 03:42:32 +0200

> Guile 1.9's interpreter is slower than 1.8's interpreter, but 1.9 has a
> compiler, and compiled Scheme runs much faster than 1.8.

"much faster" is very nice to hear !

> You're probably not hitting the compiler for some reason. (...)
> To work around it for now, call `load' from scheme. I know it's ugly but
> at least you get the speed that way. Use scm_primitive_eval (scm_list_2
> (scm_from_locale_string ("load"), path)).

Thank you I will give it a try, but I remember having seen messages on stdout dfrom guile pretending that it was compiling my code, and having seen some bytecode in the cache. But maybe everything was not compiled. I will try and report next monday.

Again, thank you all for your good work and support !