Re: [guile-user] Ideas for Documentation

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: [guile-user] Ideas for Documentation
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 12:06:02 -0400

> From: Linas Vepstas <address@hidden>
>
> On 15 May 2010 16:35, Karl Winterling <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Anything I write would probably focus a lot on
> > discrete math and describing the rationale for
> > Scheme's design,
>
> Well, of all of the applications that use guile, none
> that I know of can be described as "discrete math".

On the other hand, while I have no idea what you know
or how it can be described, I can prove by algebra[1]
that all computer programs are discrete math.

I would advise potential authors not to think about
writing anything "official" and just write what
you have to say.  If it is good, the world will
make it "de facto" and nobody will care if it is
"official".

   -- Keith

[1] I get to choose the premises.