Re: Is Guile Useful to a Scheme Noob

From: Gour
Subject: Re: Is Guile Useful to a Scheme Noob
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:36:51 +0100

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:20:17 -0500
>>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Rettke <address@hidden> wrote:

Grant> The current version of _TSPL_, 3, is based on R6RS.

Hmm, based on what I see, the current version is _TSPL_, 4 and it is
based on R6RS, while 3rd ed. is still, afaics, based on R5RS.

Grant> Maybe using the 2nd version would be a better fit for learning
Grant> Scheme with Guile?

Now, I'm reading guile-1.8.x docs, but then I'll try with 3rd edition.

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. As far as Geiser is concerned, it is not appropriate since it
requires "Guile 1.9.9 or better", so we'll settle on Quack for now.

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6