Re: Guile.el

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Guile.el
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 01:37:00 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> 2. Not relying on standard input and output for communication with the
> Guile process that is being debugged.  I think this is important,
> because apps often use standard input and output for other things!

geiser is based on comint-mode, meaning (as i'm sure you know) that
reliance on input/ouput is very easy to get rid of: comint can handle
telnet connections transparently, so it's just a matter of launching a
remote repl on guile's side, without any change to the elisp code,
geiser's scheme support libraries. i've just been lazy writing the repl
server thing :)

jao