Re: Guile module system problem

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Re: Guile module system problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:07:33 +0100

>> Hi, I've been trying to move some of my code into
>> loadable guile modules. I made a directory "modules"
>> in my project tree and moved the module in there.
>>
>> I ran into some problems. Here's how I load the
>> module:
>> (set! %load-path (cons "." %load-path))
>> (load-module (modules goose))
>> At this point, guile signals an error (unbound variable).
>
> Please try `use-modules' instead of `load-module'.

Well, I actually did that, I just made a mistake retyping
the code to the e-mail.

Eventually I have found the reason for this weird behavior:
since the slot-ref is present in the module's replace list,
it doesn't get exported from the goops module.

The solution is to refer to the goops's slot-ref function
in some other way (perhaps using the @ operator)

Thanks
M.