Call for contributions to update the project list

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Call for contributions to update the project list
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 22:46:14 +0100

Hi,

With all these lengthy debates, I think time has come to update the
Guile project page.  :-)

I started a new project page (almost) from scratch:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/gnu-guile-projects.html

The previous one is still available at:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/old-gnu-guile-projects.html

The rationale for the new page is:

  * to list only reasonably active projects, preferably projects that
    work with 1.8, so that the list is really helpful to newcomers;

  * to simplify list entries to make them more perennial, faster to
    read, and hopefully easier to update;

  * to try to have a better categorization (previous page had
    "Libraries" as a category, which is way too vague IMO).

So far very few projects are listed (and I'm involved in several of
them, I'm shameless ;-)).

People working on Guile-related projects, please provide updated entries
using the following HTML format:

  <DT><B><A HREF="http://PROJECT-URL";>PROJECT-NAME</A></B>
  <DD><TABLE>
  <TR><TD><I>description</I></TD>
  <TD>A few sentences describing the project...</TD></TR>
  <TR><TD><I>license</I></TD>
  <TD>A free software licence</TD></TR>
  <TR><TD><I>requires</I></TD>
  <TD>a list of dependencies, e.g., Guile 1.8</TD></TR>
  </TABLE><P>

Make sure to not depart from this format so that it's easy to integrate.
In addition, tell what category your project belongs to.  If your
project does not fit well in the existing categories, please propose a
new category.

Thanks in advance,
Ludovic.