Re: Why there's no debugger?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Why there's no debugger?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:41:57 +0100

Josef Wolf <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I followed the suggestion from the info pages and put following into my
> ~/.guile file:

Which info pages were those?  The info for 1.6.7 does not mention
(ice-9 debugger breakpoints ...), because those modules are not
included in 1.6.7.

To do debugging with 1.6.7, you need to download and install the
latest guile-debugging tarball/.deb from
http://download.gna.org/guile-debugging/.  Please see the README file
there for an explanation of how guile-debugging relates to Guile CVS,
and for where to look for guile-debugging documentation.

(To confuse matters, the manual of recent Guile 1.8.x releases
incorrectly documents these features, which are not actually present
in Guile 1.8.x.  The manual should be fixed for the next 1.8.x release.)

>   (use-modules (ice-9 debugger breakpoints))
>   (use-modules (ice-9 debugger breakpoints source))
>   (use-modules (ice-9 debugger breakpoints procedural))
>   (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
>   (activate-readline)
>
> But now I get following error:
>
>   ERROR: no code for module (ice-9 debugger breakpoints)
>
> Any ideas what causes this error?

It means what it says: there is no code for the module, i.e. no file
ice-9/debugger/breakpoints.scm anywhere in Guile's load path.

Regards,
        Neil