Re: Autoconf test for site scheme files

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Autoconf test for site scheme files
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:52:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> The hard question is whether you want the site directory in guile's
> prefix, or the corresponding place in your prefix, assuming they are
> different.  I have tended to use the corresponding place in my
> prefix,
> and then to either add to load path or symlink my subdir into guile's
> site directory.

Making the symlink is a practical solution.  It is definitely easier
than making autoconf macros.

This brings up another question.  Should %load-path should generally
include /usr/local/share/guile/site by default?

Arguments in favor: it would keep symmetry with the emacs $(lispdir)
directory as described in the GNU coding standards. [1]
Philosophically, can something be "site"-specific and not be "local"?

Arguments opposed: don't fix what ain't broke.

Thanks,

Mike Gran

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Directory-Variables.html