Autoconf test for site scheme files

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Autoconf test for site scheme files
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 08:42:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi-

I'm setting up the configure.ac and Makefile.in for a project that will
install some guile modules.  The modules have scheme wrappers and load
a shared object file.  The shared object library will go into
/usr/local/lib

Is there a "standard" way to get the site scheme directory?

At first glance, I would set it as schemedir =
$(datarootdir)/guile/site,
but, if $(datarootdir) is /usr/local/share, then $(schemedir) will be
/usr/local/share/guile/site, which is not in the default %load-path.

One solution would be to make a configure test that runs guile, prints
the %load-path, and then saves the first element in %load-path that
ends in the word "site".

Or something with `guile-config info pkgdatadir`, I guess.

Thanks,

Mike Gran