ANN: Guile-Cairo 1.3.92 released

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: ANN: Guile-Cairo 1.3.92 released
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:15:25 +0200

I am pleased to announce that Guile-Cairo 1.3.92 has been released. It
may be obtained at:

  http://download.gna.org/guile-cairo/guile-cairo-1.3.92.tar.gz

At this point there are only two unwrapped functions from Cairo 1.4; I
anticipate that when those are wrapped, I will release a stable Cairo
1.4.0. When that happens, I will maintain strict API and ABI stability,
both from the Scheme and the C level. (Take that, those that accuse of
API churn! ;-)

What is Guile-Cairo
-------------------

Guile-Cairo is a binding between Guile Scheme and the Cairo graphics
library. See http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/ and
http://cairographics.org/ for more information.

What's new
----------

* File output and input functions can now read from and write to Scheme
ports.

The convention is that the filename is an optional last argument, and
that if it is not given, output will be written to the current output
port, and likewise for input and the current input port.

For example:

  (with-output-to-file "/tmp/guile-cairo.png"
    (lambda () (cairo-surface-write-to-png surf)))

--
http://wingolog.org/