Re: How could this be implemented?

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: How could this be implemented?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:37:31 -0600

Hi Andy,
I (clearly) don't think it is silly, but I don't think that the guile developers should think it is silly either, as one of guile's original goals was to be able to emulate other languages. Bash is a quite common and useful language, so why shouldn't we try to emulate it? My idea would perhaps put us one step closer to being able to emulate a whole class of languages which have the capability of running executables like bash does (tcsh, bash, tcl ...).

Thanks for the pointer. Do you know of any documentation on module binder procs? I've looked in the manual and, (as usual) it doesn't really say much of anything about them.
Regards,
Jon

Andy Wingo wrote:
Hi Jon,

I think your idea is silly. However you might implement it via module
binder procs. See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.user/3321
for an idea of how this can be done.

Regards,

Wingo.