Re: ./guile-config : permission denied

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: ./guile-config : permission denied
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:30:47 +0000

Gopi kumaran <address@hidden> writes:

> when i run ./configure in guile-1.8.1 it stops by saying
>
> checking for guile...guile-config:permission denied
> configure:cannot find guile-config;is Guile installed?
>
> wht to do?I went to /usr/local/bin(i assume that it will check in this
> folder).i tried to run ./guile-config in  /usr/local/bin/guile-config folder
> it
> says

I think you need to start from scratch and tell us exactly what you
have done to unpack and build the Guile tarball.  My impression (from
this and other emails) is that you've done something unusual.  Are you
familiar with the usual "tar zxf ..., ./configure, make, make install"
procedure, and is that what you have done?  Please post a complete
transcript, starting from unpacking the tarball.

Regards,
     Neil