Re: any news on 1.8 and slib?

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: any news on 1.8 and slib?
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 21:39:59 -0600

Hi Neil,
Thanks for responding.
It looks like both Rob and Kevin are away at the moment, and they're
the guys that know about this.  Do you have a specific deadline?
No, I'd just like to see it happen. I'd like to see more people using guile, as I think it would help the project, and I suspect that not having 1.8 in major distributions is likely to be a serious obstacle.
Regards,
Jon