Re: GDS does not support Emacs 23?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: GDS does not support Emacs 23?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:40:08 +0100

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That's interesting.  How can one call bind() so that it steals the
>> address and port number from a previous listen socket?
>
> Change socket from AF_INET to AF_UNIX does the trick. The following
> patch seems to work fine. Now i can call gds-server from either Emacs
> sessions. I only test it with gds-help-symbol, though. And there are
> still some cleanups left to do, due to socket family change.
>
> The patch,

Wow, fantastic, thanks.  I'm not sure I feel confident yet about a
permanent change from AF_INET to AF_UNIX, so I think I'll merge the
existing and your patch together, with a switch somewhere to select
which kind of socket to use.

I hope to make a new release, including this, within the next two
weeks.

Regards,
     Neil