Re: debian package for guile-debugging-0.12

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: debian package for guile-debugging-0.12
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:43:39 +0100

John Steele Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:50:25 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
>> William Xu <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Would be greater if it's committed to debian repo. :-)
>>
>> Do you know the procedure for doing that?
>
> A Debian Developer (DD) must either maintain or sponsor the package. In
> the sponsorship case, the DD does not maintain the package, but he
> ultimately "signs off" on it.

Thanks, I've started looking into this.  My impression is that I have
a lot to learn, so this will take some time.

> I had the impression that this code was going to eventually make its way
> into guile-1.8. Is that still the plan?

Probably not 1.8, no.  I'm now planning for it to be in 1.10 (or
whatever the next release is called).  On the other hand, what do
these numbers really mean?  I guess it depends what other new features
people have in mind for "1.10".

What is definitely true is that I'm working right now on integrating
guile-debugging into the core guile CVS.  (And in fact this work is
almost complete.)

Regards,
     Neil