Re: Enabling Debugging

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Re: Enabling Debugging
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:13:01 +0300

On Jul 29 03:08, Clinton Ebadi wrote:
> You should be able to put something like:
>
>       SCM_DEVAL_P = 1;
>       SCM_RECORD_POSITIONS_P = 1;
>       SCM_BACKTRACE_P = 1;
>       SCM_RESET_DEBUG_MODE;
>
> Into your real_main (the one passed to scm_boot_guile). This will give
> you debug output similar to the default debugging repl.

I tried placing above 4 lines just before calling gh_eval_str_with_catch(),
that's in the main_prog() invocated by gh_enter(). But scm_backtrace()
still complains about "No backtrace available". Any other ideas?

Also, may anybody suggest an example project that uses guile so I can
take a look at its source code for debugging related stuff.

Regards.

P.S. Using guile 1.6.7 supplied by Debian Sarge.