guile profiling tools?

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: guile profiling tools?
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:26:13 -0500

Hi,
I was wondering if there was any code somewhere to profile my guile code as it runs? For finding where optimization is needed, of course.

I found the following thread from address@hidden
http://sourceware.org/ml/guile/1998-08/msg00114.html

But there doesn't seem to be anything at all in the guile manual, so evidently nothing from here made it into the distribution.

Profiling is excessively useful at times. Perhaps we ought to have some facility for it included along with the debugging stuff?
Regards,
Jon