Re: Getting scheme error informations when running scheme code from C

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Getting scheme error informations when running scheme code from C
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:49:53 +0100

> Hi,
>
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Finally, you might like to know that my guile-debugging package
>> includes a kind of Emacs display-backtrace front end.  [...]
>
> That sounds nice!
>
> What are your plans wrt. to distribution of guile-debugging?  Are you
> willing to eventually integrate it into Guile, or to keep distributing
> it as a separate package?

In my view it makes sense to keep it separate for now, while it's
still in the early stages of development.  This means that I can
prepare distributions without being constrained by the core release
cycle, and target both 1.6 and 1.8 with the same code base.

Longer term I think it makes sense to integrate into the core
distribution.

>  In the latter case, it would cool if somebody
> volunteered to create a Debian package for it.  :-)

Absolutely.  I'm not a Debian maintainer myself, but if someone wants
to do this I'm happy to give them write access to the repository on
gna.org, and happy for the debian packaging files to live in the
upstream package (if that's desirable).

> Thanks,
> Ludovic.

Regards,