Re: Guile top-level functions

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Guile top-level functions
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:20:46 +1100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> - procedure-source may return a new unmemoized copy of the procedure's
> source, not the original source, and without source properties attached

Yep, or does it drops off the lambda and formals from the list, thus
losing the source position info (that being on the start of the list
only)?

        (read-enable 'positions)
        (define (x) (display 'hello))
        (source-properties (procedure-source x))
        => ()

Another use for positions on procedures I mentioned another time was
to show that info in a backtrace.  When you just see "<procedure #f>"
it's a bit of a guessing game to tell where the offending bit actually
came from.

All this would be for under --debug only, it wouldn't need to bloat
normal operation.