Re: Making the -e option compatible with new versions of Guile 1.4

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Making the -e option compatible with new versions of Guile 1.4
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:39:08 +0000

Marius Vollmer wrote:
Hi,

For 1.7, I have made Guile's interpretation of the -e option
compatible with the behavior of ttn's Guile 1.4 series.  When this
works out, I want to also install this in the 1.6 series.

What do you all think?

Looks good. Also reminds me of an extension to @ or @@ that I was going to ask about. Namely, so as to allow lookups within the environment of a closure.

So, for example, with

(define (xxx . args)
  (define (internal-proc x y z)
    ...)
  ...)

one could reference the procedure for "internal-proc" as

  (@@ (MODULE NAME) xxx internal-proc)

Probably only useful for debugging - i.e. it would make it possible to set a breakpoint on internal-proc - and other kinds of introspection, but what do you think?

(I also realize that what I've suggested doesn't really fit @/@@, because @/@@ currently return variables, and internal-proc in this case only exists as an ILOC. But perhaps you can see a way round this?)

Regards,
        Neil